9 February 2013

Oh no! Don't chop it, patch it!


Step 1: Give your broken nail a quick file to smooth out the surface then wipe it over with acetone to remove file dust, oil or anything else on the surface of the nail.
Step 2: Choose the right size patch for your nail. I always do mine a little bigger than the nail and at the end of the Step 5 I file it back to the exact size needed. 
Step 3: Use tweezers to separate the patch from the backing paper and stick to nail. Patches are self adhesive so will stick to nail straight away. I then use my tweezers to smooth it down with no bubbles and push in around the edge of the nail. I then go underneath my nail and push up against the patch around where the nail was split. Cut off any patch at the top of nail that is not needed.
Step 4: Apply a thin layer of resin. The thinner the better, try not to double stroke over any areas. Wait 20 minutes, then apply a second thin coat of resin. Wait another 20 minutes until completely dry.
Step 5: Use the white side of your nail buffer to smooth over the surface of your nail. Use your finger to run over the top to feel if it is smooth, especially where the patch begins, you don’t want a little “hump” showing through your manicure. I then use my normal nail file to shape the patch around the sides and top of my nail. I ended up shortening my nail a little bit in this process to get it even but they were due for a mini chop anyway.
Step 6: Wipe over with normal nail polish remover (no acetone) to remove any file dust. Acetone will undo all the hard work you have just done. 
Step 7: Apply your base coat as normal. Nail saved!

You can get the patches and glue from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...